Friday, June 1, 2012

Creating a sitting area

Happy Friday everyone!! The weather is definitely starting to warm up here in the Sierras and we are spending more time outdoors. I wanted to create a sitting area outside, so we can enjoy watching our children play and also have a comfortable spot to sit and relax and have a glass of wine!!;0). So we had some wicker chairs that were already placed here in the back but needed some sprucing up. Here are the before pictures




Nothing great huh? BORING!!!





So after scoping out the garage again, I found some things that I incorporated to make a great space. Wrought iron, old window and a planter. Here is how it turned out.




 I had this large planter that I wasn't using and thought that it would make a cute little table. I also had an old wicker stand that I sprayed peekaboo blue for a pop of color. I  wanted to pick up the color in the pillows.


I moved the outside temperature gauge under the window and added a fern to go in the wicker stand.
All I need to do is put a little glass top on the table, but this is still functional for what we use it for. LOOOVE IT!


Last minute add was a flower from my garden!


Do you have a special seating area? I'd love to hear!
xoxo Kristine

13 comments:

  1. You created a gorgeous outdoor room. I love all the elements you pulled together. It looks great. I'm your latest follower. Come over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference an upside down flowerpot, throwpillows and a few wall items can make. Very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely Kristine. Oh how I love wrought iron....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and colorful transformation. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun transformation. I found you via DebbieDoos Newbie SPotlight. I'd say you earned your feature, it looks so cozy now.

    I'm a new follower!

    Becca
    www.thesassypenguin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!!We are enjoying it so much. Thanks for following.

      Delete
  6. It was my pleasure to feature you. I noticed I typo'ed the spelling of your name wrong. Sorry about that...all fixed. That is what I get for doing the post at 1:00 am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I was not going to say anything.It was linked right!

      Delete
  7. very nice! I love that little green window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! I found that window at a antique store! I loved it too! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sitting area I love the window and the iron work. Very inviting

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and inviting! I'm trying to make several similar spots throughout our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really good stuff here girl! Glad I found your blog through Deb, can't wait to see what else your up to

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...